Bob Johnson (US)
Higher Education Marketing Consultant, Bob Johnson Consulting
- Has helped with 50+ higher education institutions with digital strategy and execution
- Partnering with Gerry McGovern at Customer Carewords in Dublin, Ireland.
- Based in Michigan a frequent and popular J. Boye conference speaker, who always have to do some travel
Bob Johnson has worked with 50+ colleges and universities since 2006 to develop strong online marketing communication programs.
Specialties include Customer Carewords research to better engage website visitors, marketing communication reviews of college and university websites, and “Writing Right for the Web” workshops. He is a partner withGerry McGovern at Customer Carewords in Dublin, Ireland.
Bob’s popular email newsletter, “Your Higher Education Marketing Newsletter,” is sent monthly to 4,000+ subscribers at more than 1000 U.S. colleges and universities and others in several other countries.
Bob’s prologue on online communication challenges for strategic enrollment management opens The SEM Imperative, Taking Enrollment Management Online (AACRAO, 2007). Another prologue opens a 2009 AACRAO book, Campus Visit Programs.
Bob is the author of “Advancement and the Web: Thriving in a New World” and “Transforming Your Web Site into a Collaboration Marketing Tool,” (Handbook of Institutional Advancement, CASE Books 3rd ed., 2000). As co-editor of Integrated Marketing Communication, A Practical Guide to Developing Comprehensive Communication Strategies he wrote three chapters, including “Marketing on the Web: Blending the New and the Newer.” (CASE Books 1999).
A frequent speaker at professional meetings and online conferences sponsored by Academic Impressions, ACT, American Marketing Association, CASE, Aslanian Group – Education Dynamics, and Magna Publications, his topics include Writing Right for the Web, web analytics, best practices for online communications, and building websites for brand engagement.
Bob chaired the AMA’s annual Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education from 1994 until 2003. From 2000 to 2005 he was Senior Vice President and Director of Strategy at Creative Communication Associates. Before joining CCA, he held college and university leadership positions in marketing and enrollment for more than 25 years.
Bob earned his bachelor’s degree from Alfred University and his Ph.D. in political science from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
More resources related to Bob Johnson
- J. Boye Aarhus 13 conference news: The Challenge of “Writing Right” in a Mobile World and Writing for the Web in 2013 and beyond
- J. Boye Philadelphia 13 conference slides: 5 Top Web Management Principles: Achieve Consensus Within Your Organization
- J. Boye Philadelphia 13 conference slides: A Need for Speed: Responsive Design in a Mobile World
- J. Boye Philadelphia 13 conference slides: Winning Friends at Your Website: Use Top Task Design for a Great Experience
- J. Boye Philadelphia 12 conference news: Let's build your digital marketing strategy together!
- J. Boye Philadelphia 12 conference slides: Digital Marketing Strategy for 2015 and Beyond (PDF)
- J. Boye Philadelphia 12 conference slides: Top Task Website Design: Lessons from University Research (PDF)